1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK, 4 BHK Penthouse and the list goes on, the more the variety and the more is the confusion. And even if we have it all figured out, another confusion starts, what should be the feature that one should look for in a flat that they are going to look for.
But let’s hold for a moment, what is BHK Exactly – and hence what does it really mean for these BHKs and other forms of flats. Let’s try to help you out a bit by explaining the types in a bit detail, but here is a promise, this is going to be for a lifetime and you will never be wondering with these terms used and explained:
BHK Explained –
Bedroom, Hall and Kitchen. The first letter of each comprises and makes the BHK.
Why is it used – simply because it denotes the number of rooms that are present in the flat for your consumption? E.G. 3 BHK Means that the flat/property consists of 3 Bedrooms, one hall and one kitchen. Generally, it is assumed that a 3 BHK flat will have one Kitchen, 2 Balconies and 3 Washrooms but there is no fixed rule here, there can be 3 balconies or 2 Washrooms and it all depends upon the developer and his land usage guidelines or the planning that has gone into the particular project / Property.
And hence the abbreviation is used for:
- 1BHK apartment that means 1 bedroom, hall, kitchen.
- 2BHK apartment that means 2 bedrooms, hall, kitchen
- 3BHK apartment that means 3 bedrooms, hall, kitchen
- 4BHK apartment that means 4 bedrooms, hall, kitchen
However, there are a lot many variations to this as well. A 2BHK can have a servant quarter / or a study room, depending upon the requirement of the general investors/customer for the particular area. And the same goes with 3 BHK and so on.
Now the same abbreviation is used for Independent houses, Builder floor properties and VILLAS. However to make it easier for the customer, in the case of PLOTs – the general terminology is used that a 3 BHK flat can be built in the plot and hence the customer is clear in his / her mind as to how big or small can the plot be.
Now let’s talk about the features of a typical 3 BHK Unit / Flat.
If you are looking for a 3 BHK Apartments, there are some of the following criteria that are already in the mind of the developer / Broker which he uses to help you with, in order to make your decision:
- You are a family of 3 to 4 people. You will enjoy the best of the space for each other. Live Expansively. Especially post Covid – the demand for bigger spaces for the family has seen an unprecedented growth. And the reason is very simple. Every individual need their own space to work from home, and if both the husband and wife are working, which generally is the case, you don’t want to be interrupted often.
- You want space for each one of you – Even the kids have to take their classes’ online along with the other activities. Since our home is our most comfort zone, and that where we seek for the (Me time) or that particular corner where we feel the best even in the most not so relaxing moment. We must get a relaxing and soothing space when we like to unwind after a day full of work.
- Privacy is of high importance – A 3 BHK will allow you to have three rooms and an ample space where you can easily maintain a balance between communal living and your privacy. You enjoy the much needed privacy for the whole family and especially when we have elderly with us, the kids also feel independent and unperturbed in their own happy space.
- If you are a small family, you are thinking about the future, it may be that you are planning to expand your family or you are planning to provide space to the newly wedded couple in the future course which a 3 BHK can easily accommodate.
- You want to enjoy more of the common area which allows you to enjoy ample family time with all the household with the eye contact.
- Parking – a 3 BHK Ensures that you get at least one parking slot for you / your spouse’s car and this can be purchased also for the next one.
With time and during the on-going pandemic, , people have realized that, a home is the need of the hour. And just a home doesn’t work that much. The home has to be bigger, where a husband, wife, kid/s can have their own privacy, space, work and fun done all together. No wonder that all across the country the steep rise in the purchase of the bigger houses has become the need of the hour. You can pick-up the interview of any big real estate developer, it I really evident that the demand for bigger houses is only getting increased day by day.
The house is no longer just the place to live. The house has become the lifestyle and for a modern middle and upper middle class family, a 3 BHK is something that is the need of the hour. The increase in purchasing power and a preference for a luxury lifestyle has created a huge demand for 3 BHK properties in Lucknow.